Teaching foods and drinks
This lesson is for teaching foods and drinks.
In this lesson, learners will be introduced to or review food items. Then they will sing a song or watch a story which they will use as the basis for a project of either a survey or a menu. They will think about food groups and how to eat healthily, and produce a poster. Finally, they will look at language for recipes and even make some food in class!
Lesson time foreseen
To develop and practise:
• vocabulary: food
• structure: ‘Do you like …?’, should, imperatives
• curricular work: menus, recipes, food groups, healthy eating
• integrated skills: listening, speaking, reading, writing
1. Flashcards https://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/en/flashcards/food-flashcards https://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/en/flashcards/cooking-flashcards
2. Words games: ‘Food 1’ and ‘Food 2’ https://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/en/word-games/food-1 https://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/en/word-games/food-2
3. Song, activity sheet, answers and lyrics: ‘Chocolate cake’ https://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/en/songs/chocolate-cake
4. Story, activity sheet, answers and transcript: ‘The hungry dragon’ https://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/en/short-stories/the-hungry-dragon
6. Game: ‘Trolley dash’ https://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/en/games/trolley-dash
8. Worksheets: ‘Typical dish’ and ‘Cooking’